Wednesday, February 7

Will I take Jose Guillen?

So I was just perusing Yahoo's preview of the AL outfielders and a name caught my eye. Yes, it's one of my original binkies, Jose Guillen. I have loved this man irrationally since his big half season with the Cincy Reds in 2003. When he came over to the AL in 2004 I was all over him, and he really came through with a big season, at least until he threw a helmet at his manager and got suspended towards the end of the year. Since then he's had one good year and one bad (injured) year. Now my boy is back in the American League, and I can snap him up again.

What is it with fantasy sports binkies? I equate them to your first crush, or any crush for that matter. Why do you have crush on someone? It could be all sorts of silly reasons (they have good hair, they have good looks, or they're easy), but you just want them. Well I just love Jose Guillen. I look at him and say, "He's ONLY 31, he's still in his prime." and "He was hurt last year, and played in the Grand Canyon of stadiums."

I guess I'm like a victim of spousal abuse. Things have turned out badly more times than not, but I just can't see it, and keep giving them another chance. All I know is that I need to trade one of my outfielders to make room for a Mr. Jose Guillen...

No comments: