Friday, February 16

My version of Madden day

Don't get me wrong, I love the Madden games as much as the next guy. Its just that in my mid 20's, I don't typically make it a habit of lining up to purchase the new Madden game the day it comes out. A lot of this may be a by-product of my team inevitably sucking on the game. There WAS one year in college, when I did buy Madden the day it came out.

These days, I have a substitute for Madden day, Yahoo day. Sorry, I guess that should technically be Yahoo(exclamation point) day. I apologize to Yahoo for dropping the silent exclamation point at the end, but my host for this here writeup does not allow the exclamation character (extremely odd).

Anyway, today's the day when Yahoo puts its free fantasy baseball up for the masses to join. Yahoo is the site we have used to host our league since its inception, and we are all very comfortable with the interface. Someday we may upgrade to a premium league, but for now Yahoo, keep up the good work.

Our league has some unique rules, nothing off the wall, but a bit different than a standard keeper league. For one thing, you can keep up to 15 players, and for another, owners are rewarded compensation picks for the loss of players to the other league. The combination of compensation picks (awarded in the round the player was drafted) and a varying number of players kept from owner to owner, makes for some interesting draft orders. You'll typically see the same few guys drafting at the top of the draft repeatedly. This is a fun feature (in my opinion) because it gives a keeper owner a better ability to rebuild.

Anyway, today is Yahoo day, the fantasy equivalent of pitchers and catchers reporting.

No comments: