Thursday, February 8

SABR Toothed Tiger

Yup, that's pretty much the best I've got. I mean, I like to think I'm pretty funny, but I'm more of an off the cuff funny than a premeditated funny. Anyway, it's worth checking back just to see some more good one liners like that.

I've been pondering what direction to take this thing, but I'm just gonna start heading off in any direction and see where I end up. So in no particular order:

I liked the Gil Meche signing by the Royals this offseason. Being a Tigers fan (see, the title IS funny) I can sympathize with being so deeply buried in terrible-ocrity (like mediocrity, but more terrible) that you can't bribe people to sign at any price. I can remember Miggy Tejada telling the Tigers he would return their calls if they started their bidding at something like 126 mill. Of course he ended up signing for about 90, so that gives you an idea how much extra he wanted. Anyway, if Jason Marquis can get 8 mill a year, I don't think Gil Meche making 11 mill to eventually be a decnt #3 is the end of the world. Too much money for him? Yes, but it's symbolic of the Royals finally deciding to try to compete.

I think Daisuke is in for a big year. And that's all I've got to say about that.

I blame the Red Sox for diminishing my hatred of the Yankees. Growing up in Red Sox country, I tend to pull for them when the Tigers aren't involved (which has been from April 15th on every year until last year). Well I can't be hating on the Yanks for being bad for the game when the Sox are spending just as much.

My stat of the moment is BABIP. For those who aren't savvy on the SABR tip, that stands for something like Batting Average on Balls In Play. I've been turning it over in my mind for a few days, but I'll eventually make a full blown posting about this.

I think the Tigers are winning the World Series this year.

My wife is watching Ace of Cakes on the Food Network right now and they are making a rat shaped cake for two woman's commitment ceremony. That is supremely weird on so many levels.



You know when the hat stretchers head south to Florida, baseball is right around the corner... Until next time...

No comments: