Sunday, July 1

Neifi Perez is a Communist



So I had this semi-decent idea for a Grade C sports movie last night. Actually, it came to me in a dream. This would make great TNT fodder, and could star Bruce Willis, Robert DeNiro, or maybe even Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Basically, the idea is that the Chinese government, tired of torturing Jack Bauer, has decided to grow spies in Latin America. They infiltrate baseball academies and turn a bunch of Latin players into spies, maybe even spies/assassins. It's a numbers game, and obviously most never reach the majors, but a few do.

Once in the majors, obviously this spy would have ample opportunity to travel the country collecting data, and no one would find it odd when they left the country, presumably to go back to their Latin American home, in the offseason.

Neifi Perez is my choice because he's on the Tigers and I hate his guts. While I admit he's handy with the glove, he's been the worst player in the majors every day since he actually reached the majors. Plus he's unusually thick for a utility infielder. Plus I could see him assassinating a world leader at a sporting event a la Reggie Jackson in Naked Gun...

No comments: