Monday, June 18

Thank you Todd Jones

For finally getting me fully invested in the 2007 Detroit Tigers.

I unabashedly loved the 2006 Tigers. Baseball is my favorite sport, and I've stuck with the Tigers through a lot of losing. I watched them probably 120 times in 2006. I wept when they made it to the World Series. I wept even more when they got bounced. I am not ashamed to admit this. They brought me a lot of joy.

I hadn't become emotionally invested in the 2007 team. I've watched most of their games, but it hasn't been the same. Until tonight.

I have Todd Jones to thank.

Not 15 minutes after I posted about the Chinese Water Torture that has been the Tigers bullpen, Todd showed me real terror. That sickening feeling of dread/horror in my stomach as Todd gave up single, after single, after triple, after single, after double fully sucked me in to Tigers 2007. I'm finally emotionally invested.

He managed to somehow nail down an incredibly shaky 9th inning and preserve the win. For that, I suppose I should also thank him.

No comments: